Yesterday I had lunch with someone I am incredibly proud to call a mentor and dear friend. Someone who simply makes me a better person.
Over lunch he gave me his five pillars of, well, life. The stuff he’s looking for in any relationship and interaction — be it work or personal. Let me share this framework with you:
Always ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you having fun doing what you’re doing?
- Are you learning something?
- Are you teaching someone something you learned?
- Are you having an impact?
- Are you in a mutually respectful relationship?
Those five questions (and your answers to them), as simple as they sound, are an incredible powerful tool to figure out if you’re in the right spot at the moment and if it’s time to change something.
How do you score? And what are you going to do about it?